Bryan spent the morning putting them up on our gingerbread style roof and they look fantabulous. We won’t turn them on until after Thanksgiving, of course! I personally think starting Xmas celebration before even Turkey Day is over is utter CRAP. However, you need to take a clear, sunny day when you can get it, so Bryan was up and down the ladder all morning. And much to my relief, he did not fall off the roof even once this year.
BUT. We are a mere $249 shy of hitting our health insurance deductible. Why is this so special? Because our plan covers 100% after the deductible. Of course, the deductible is fucking $4,000 – so they never thought we would get there… but BWAA HAA HAA. We are THERE. And I am making doctor’s appointments LEFT AND RIGHT to take advantage of all that free medical shit. I CANNOT WAIT to refill my monstrous amount of prescriptions in December and not pay a freaking dime.
Go to About Political Humor to vote for the most insipid, inane thing our so-called leader said this year. There are some doosies!
1) “Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job.” —to FEMA director Michael Brown, who resigned 10 days later amid criticism over his handling of Hurricane Katrina, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005
2) “See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.” —Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005
3) “I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees.” —on “Good Morning America,” Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina
4) “You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn’t it? I mean, that is fantastic that you’re doing that.” —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005
5) “I think I may need a bathroom break. Is this possible?” —in a note to to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during a U.N. Security Council meeting, September 14, 2005
In a fit of pre-bedtime sillies, Bryan and I decided last night that the hair around his nipples should be called “poobs.” Like mixing pubes and boobs. Say it aloud. Poooooobs. I am still giggling.
Dex and I go potty at the same time sometimes and he almost always leans his head on my leg from his little potty. Freaking adorable. Then he pushes on my leg with his finger and says “squishy!” Not so adorable.
Send this to a friend