It’s Filching Friday! And I am filching from the mighty Mighty Girl herself. Maggie ran a series a while back where she listed out the Top 100 things she wanted to do before she left this earth, now listed on the main page of her site. A bunch of other people have jumped on the bandwagon and now it’s my turn.
Here is part 1 of 4! Every Friday I will add another installment.
1. Visit my grandmother’s grave.
2. Learn how to knit.
3. Publish a book of my nature photos.
4. Watch Declan ride a bike with no training wheels.
5. Visit Australia and meet the Wiggles. Including Greg.
6. Throw a perfect bowl on the pottery wheel.
7. Take voice lessons.
8. Do a zipline tour in a really humid and tropical jungle.
9. Ride a horse on a beach.
10. Build a master suite in the attic of our house.
11. Have sinus surgery to remove my Haller Cells.
12. Take a class about cheese. And then pretend I am Wallace.
13. See Crowded House in concert again.
14. Regrow a peony bush in my backyard. (Sadly, we had to chop down a fabulous specimen to make room for our fence.)
15. Learn to cook spaetzle like my Tante Annie and bread dumplings like my Tante Gretel.
16. Visit Ardmore, Ireland – birthplace of Saint Declan.
17. Do Denver’s Moonlight Classic Bike Ride.
18. Take a flight without Dramamine.
19. Have a dog again. (It’s hard to face the fact the it won’t be Rio, though.)
20. Take Declan to Red Rocks for a show.
21. Drive on the wrong side of the road.
22. Ice skate in Rockefeller Center.
23. Have our names imprinted on a park bench after a large donation of money, then inspire young lovers, just like Notting Hill.
24. Go golfing just once and see if it is actually as boring as it looks.
25. Watch Declan tromp through my great-grandparents home in Germany.
What would be on your list?