Sometimes I am utterly amazed at the cool things they do at Declan’s school. In Kindergarten, they learned about poetry and Declan spent weeks filling up a notebook with poems about mama, dada and laundry lint.
Now in 1st grade? The latest lesson is in “how-to” books. As in, how to make how-to books.
And just what does my child decide to teach the rest of the class?
HOW TO MAKE BIRDWINE
– Berries from the front bush
– ziploc baggie
1. Pick berries from front bush.
2. Put berries into ziploc baggie.
3. Stomp on baggie with your foot.
4. Open baggie.
5. Let birds drink birdwine!
I can’t tell you how proud I am.