I am doing more and more work helping clients with Pinterest and several have asked how to upload an original photo as a pin. I figured I would share my instructions! Now, remember, these should be your original photos, not ones you found on the internet somewhere.
(2014: Updated for Pinterest interface changes)
1. Once you are logged in to your Pinterest account, you will see a plus sign next to your name. Click the plus sign and scroll down to “upload a pin.”
2. You will get a window to browse your desktop for a file.
3. Click the CHOOSE IMAGE button and look on your computer for the image file you would like to use.
4. Choose the board you would like your pin added to and write a description.
5. Click the SEE IT NOW button so you can go back and add a source URL.
6. Roll your mouse underneath the image and the EDIT PENCIL will appear. Click the pencil.
7. Add the URL of where you would like the pin to link to and click SAVE CHANGES.
That’s it! Pretty simple, even though some of the steps are a bit hidden.
P.S. If you are wondering about Tellerpalooza, it’s the annual fundraiser I work on for my kid’s school and it’s happening THIS SATURDAY!