One of my big goals as my son leaves the nest (graduation = this year!) is to get out for more festivals around the country. I have been working towards this the past few years, so much so, that I started a spreadsheet that evolved into this list of American music festivals. Last year, I attended Bunbury and Outside Lands, and this May, I’m excited to head to the Shaky Knees Music Festival in Atlanta.
When I saw the Shaky Knees headliners, I knew 2020 was the year. The Black Keys, The Smashing Pumpkins and The Strokes? Talk about a trifecta of awesome. Check out the full lineup, too. It’s going to be an insane weekend.
Shaky Knees Music Festival 2020 Lineup
I’m also excited to head back to Atlanta. I went to college in St. Augustine, FL, and my roommate was from the ATL. We were back and forth on weekends a lot, but I have been to the peach state very infrequently since moving to Denver. Shaky Knees is held in Central Park, aptly named since it’s in the central downtown area. I’m looking forward to southern food and seeing Hotlanta (in May before it gets too damn hot).
Shaky Knees Ticket Types
3-Day General Admission ($205)
- 60+ performances on four stages over three days
- Food choices from regional and local vendors including vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options
- Bars, concessions, official band merch, festival merch, free water stations, and specialty items from dozens of vendors throughout the park
- Free admission for children 8 and under accompanied by a ticketed adult
3-Day General Admission Plus ($349)
- A private retreat with seating and shade
- Air-conditioned restrooms
- Full-service bar with beer, wine, and cocktails for purchase
- Complimentary water and soft drinks
3-Day General VIP ($765)
- Up-close, prime viewing areas at three stages plus viewing platform with premium sightlines of Peachtree Stage
- Access to two VIP lounges at Peachtree Stage and Piedmont Stage featuring seating, premium air-conditioned restrooms, and full-service cash bars
- Food for purchase and a variety of complimentary hot and cold light hors d’oeuvres served within the Peachtree Lounge
- Complimentary beer, water, and energy drinks in both VIP lounges
3-Day General Platinum ($1,600)
- Access to on-stage viewing at the Peachtree Stage
- Front-of-stage viewing areas at three stages and Platinum-only viewing deck with elevated sightlines of Peachtree Stage
- Access to air-conditioned Platinum Lounge with relaxed seating
- Complimentary full-service bar, light hors d’oeuvres and catered dinner
- Air-conditioned premium restrooms
- On-site concierge services and complimentary lockers with mobile charging (available first come, first-served)
- Exclusive Shaky Knees merchandise gift
- Exclusive Platinum Lounge performances by Phoebe Bridgers, Patterson Hood (of Drive-By Truckers) and Amigo The Devil
There are also 1-Day ticket versions for locals who would like to attend specific days!
*Ticket prices accurate as of date of posting.
Go Cashless At Shaky Knees
One of my favorite thing at recent festivals is the ability to swipe or use an app to pay for purchases. I cannot express how much I hate to stand in lines and how much quicker these systems make – well – everything. Here is some info from Shaky Knees on getting it set up.
How Does Cashless Work?
- Activate your festival ticket with the unique ID (located on the inside of your wristband) during which time you can link your credit card to your wristband and set a required PIN for security. Now you’re registered for cashless too!
- Next, order at any bar location and select vendors, and let them know you are paying with your wristband.
- Then tap your wristband, add a tip amount, enter your PIN, and then you’re done!
In Order to Activate My Wristband, Do I Have to Sign Up for Cashless?
No. While we certainly think cashless the best payment option, you can activate your wristband without enabling the cashless payment option. Activating your wristband ensures a smooth entry process into the festival.
Are There Any Additional Fees for Using Cashless?
Nope! It is free to sign up and free to use!
Is My Credit Card Information Stored on my Wristband?
No. We do not store any financial data on the wristband. The PIN you choose during cashless registration will always be required to make a purchase. But your card number and billing details are not stored on the wristband. So don’t worry about someone snagging your info.
Will My Wristband Run Out of Money?
Not unless the card you linked it to does. No funds are stored on the wristband. It’s just linked to your credit or debit card. As long as you can still use your card, you will still be able to use your cashless wristband.
Check out all the details on the Shaky Knees site.
Hope to see you there!