Yay, friends! It’s Greeblepix Photo Contest time again.
And to celebrate Martin Luther King Day, as well as feeling like I need to do something more for Haiti – for every entry this month*, I will personally donate $1.00 to UNICEF in support of Haiti relief efforts. I am hoping we have a record number of entries, OK?
The theme this month will be “inspirational.” Photos that either inspire you to be better, work harder, or look deeper inside. As you know, I like themes to be pretty broad, so feel free to take the theme loosely, but given what has been happening this week in Haiti – I know we can all reflect on how lucky we all are today. And how we can do better at helping others.
Google has pulled together a great page with various ways to donate if you are able to.
As always, the Greeblepix winner will receive a $250 camera equipment rental from Pro Photo Rental!
1. All levels of photographers are welcome. Encouraged, even. Everyone, everyone, everyone is welcome.
2. Except family members or co-workers of Greeblemonkey.
3. You must be the photographer of the photo you submit and have clearance for any people in the photos.
4. One photo/entry per person per month.
5. Winner from last month, please take a month off.
6. Photo can be taken specifically for the contest, or in the past. Does *NOT* need to be a newly posted photo.
7. United States photographers only.
8. No anonymous entries.
9. Photos must be submitted below by 10pm Mountain time, Tuesday January 19, 2010 to be considered.
PHASE ONE (Monday thru Tuesday night):
– Select your entry photo.
– Post your pic on your blog, or on Flickr.
– Use this badge in your post, if you like. (Right click and pull down to “Save Image As” to grab the badge).
– Add the direct link to your photo post or Flickr page to Mr. Linky below to enter the contest.
– The deadline for entries is 10pm Mountain time, Tuesday January 19, 2010.
PHASE TWO (Wednesday Morning – Thursday Night):
– I will select 10 finalists to go into a Polldaddy voter widget on this blog. Check back on Wednesday to see if you made it!
– *Everyone* votes for the final winner! Voting ends Thursday, January 21, 2010 at midnight Mountain time.
PHASE THREE (Friday Morning):
– I will reveal the Greeblepix Winner of the Month!
– The winner will receive the prize directly from Pro Photo Rental via email once I officially give the word.
As always, THANKS! I can’t wait to see your photos.
*Up to $250, OK? I am no Alyssa Milano.