Hooray! Two of my favorite Colorado mountain vacation spots have announced their activities and events for the 2021 summer season. YMCA of the Rockies – meaning Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch – are both located near Rocky Mountain National Park, and offer access to wide open spaces, beautiful mountain scenery, comfortable lodging, and fun activities for all ages (without leaving the properties!). YMCA of the Rockies has also incorporated new activities and safe operational procedures throughout the last year, based on local and state health agency orders and guidelines.
Accommodations range from affordable hotel-style lodge rooms to pet-friendly multi-bedroom private cabins. Snow Mountain Ranch also features yurts and campsites in the summer months. Many groups host reunions or retreats during the summer, using larger reunion cabins that sleep up to 88 guests in as many as 17 bedrooms. I personally don’t have that many family members, but keep YMCA of The Rockies in mind if you do! 😀
YMCA of the Rockies Summer 2021 Activities
Both properties offer family-friendly activities on-site for all ages:
- Horseback riding
- Arts & crafts
- Miniature golf and tennis
- Roller skating
- Indoor swimming pools
- Rock climbing with skilled instructors
- The Snow Mountain Ranch summer tubing hill
- Fly-fishing lessons
- Mountain biking trails
- Whitewater rafting
- Guided hikes through Rocky Mountain National Park
- Expansive on-site dog parks
- Day camps for children ages 3 -17 (and teen camps at Estes Park Center)
- Zip lining at Snow Mountain Ranch
- Electric bike rentals
“Each summer, families visit Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch for the unique camp-like experience we offer, where they are able to celebrate one another in a beautiful mountain setting with gorgeous views, wildlife all around, and staff and self-led activities for toddlers, school-aged children, teens, adults, and grandparents alike,” said Lisa Eccles, Director of Marketing, YMCA of the Rockies. “This summer, family vacation time and creating memories together is especially important, and we are happy to provide a Colorado summer experience like no other.”
Summer Day Camps for Kids
Both properties offer convenient on-site summer day camps for children ages 3 -17. The day camps run Monday – Friday from early June through mid-August starting at $40/day at Estes Park Center and $140/week at Snow Mountain Ranch. Register for one day, a few days or several weeks at a time.
YMCA of the Rockies Summer 2021 Programming
YMCA of the Rockies (Estes Park, CO)
- 101 Years of Guided Hiking at YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park, celebrating a 100-year-old unique “hikemasters” program, with several celebrations and presentations taking place throughout the summer.
- Teen summer camps at YMCA of the Rockies for ages 13-17 offered Tuesday-Friday from June 1– August 13, featuring outdoor wilderness training, overnight excursions, backpacking and camping skills, climbing, and more.
Snow Mountain Ranch (Granby, CO)
- Forest Zip Lining – Soar through the sky on one of our zip lines. Climb up a 35-foot ladder to ride a 600-foot-long zip line.
- Pickleball, hopscotch and basketball on the brand-new hardwood floors in the Kiva Center.
- Electric Bike Rentals from the onsite bike shop.
Camp Chief Ouray (located at Snow Mountain Ranch)
- New Expedition Leadership Camp for teens to experience an adventurous 9-day expedition that will teach backpacking skills, backcountry etiquette, and Leave No Trace education.
- Family Adventure Trips guided overnight backpacking trips in multiple scenic locations offering families a personalized adventure, custom-tailored to ability levels.
- Active Older Adult Camp, August 22-26, 2021 – Why should the kids have all the fun? Enjoy time in the mountains with campers who are 50 years young and above.
- Women’s Adventure Camp August 27-29, 2021 – Women will spend the weekend learning how to navigate the great outdoors, while gaining access to a wide range of activities, including archery, fly fishing, mountain biking, yoga, zip line and outdoor survival skills.