Yes, I know that Mighty Girl says you don’t care what I had for lunch (or dinner, in this case), but here’s the thing. I am getting so good at it! Sunday night I made bacon-wrapped pork chops in an apple shallot sauce… and last night I triumphed with Onion Zucchini Salmon Bake (my name for the slightly altered recipe I grabbed from AllRecipes.com).
Here are the details if you want to try it out for yourself. Seriously, both Bryan and Declan gobbled it up like it was the Last Supper.
Onion Zucchini Salmon Bake
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2-3 small yellow onion, chopped
* 2-3 small zucchini, chopped
* 2 teaspoon minced garlic
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup herb seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or as needed
* 3 teaspoons mustard powder
* 4 salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion with zucchini, garlic, salt and pepper until tender. Transfer to a medium bowl, and mix with bread crumbs, mustard powder and mayonnaise. If necessary, add more mayonnaise to achieve a paste-like consistency.
3. Place salmon fillets onto the greased baking sheet, and press the crumb mixture on the top so that it is about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until salmon is easily cut with a fork, then broil for 5 minutes to crisp the top.
See, it’s not that hard.
I am so proud of myself. We have been working so hard at cooking at home. We used to eat out literally 5 nights a week. Now, we eat out more like once or twice a week and I peruse cooking magazines for ideas. Yes, ME. I am certainly no expert – and yes, there was that one day last week that I served Declan a Lender’s Bagel with cream cheese for dinner. But I was really, really, really tired that day – OK?
Overall, we are kicking ass! Go, us!
WOW!!! Remember the good ol days when all we had to do was mix up one of those bags of noodle side dishes…i am VERY impressed!
Wow. Sounds delicious. How about the recipe for the pork chops and any other ones that are that good. Lov ya
So that’s why I don’t want to cook anymore, and why we are eating out more…. the cooking desire left me and went to you!
Post more recipes, I need inspiration.
That sounds yummy! I can’t wait to try it- and adapt it for… maybe chicken too. Thanks.
ha ha, the desire left you and came to me – sorry for stealing your power!
and OK, I will post more when I find good ones! 🙂 And you all should check out over at Gretchen’s place – she always has good cooking ideas!